Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hola! Bienvenidos a mi blog!

Well, I made it to El Sauce, Nicaragua, and I LOVE IT!!! The people of El Sauce are so hospitable, loving, and welcoming! My first two days here have been filled with new friends, food, and experiences, and I can't wait to share them with you.

Right now, I'm sitting out on the patio of my friend Martha (the one who invited me to spend some time living and volunteering/working in El Sauce), enjoying the late afternoon breeze with Martha's adorable daughter sitting on my lap and asking 5 million questions as any typical 4 year old, and I can't help but think that I LOVE my life and this experience! I can't wait to see what else I get to experience.

Well friends, I hate to leave you with such a short bienvenido, but I'm off to meet the other 4 Walls volunteers for a light dinner and enjoy another evening here in beautiful El Sauce! Hopefully I will get to add another post soon updating you more about all of the wonderful experiences I have had! Que Dios les bendiga!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait to read more as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Glad to hear you had a great start. What a surprise that you have already connected with a 4 year old. Say hello to Bonnie and Martha for me. Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you!!!!! Hope you have fun in Nica!! Take loads of pictures and keep blogging love to read/ know what you are doing and how much fun you are having. Love you Ash <3

    ReplyDelete